Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Last night, it took me a while to get dinner ready. Completely my fault for not reading the directions thoroughly before making the dish. So lesson learned! Since what I was originally making needed to be marinated over night, I decided to cook something quick and fast to make up for lost time....

After a quick peek in the fridge to see what I had to work with, I saw that I had already thawed out a small Ziplock of chicken breasts. I was going to use them for my husband's lunch the next day but decided to use them for dinner instead. Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my all time favorites. Who can say "NO" to the tender, baked chicken breast filled with melted cheese and thinly sliced salted meat? Okay... maybe someone who is a vegetarian and lactose intolerant... yeah, them peeps are weird.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 slices of proscuitto or cooked ham
2 slices of Kraft Swiss singles(each cut in half to make 4 pieces)
1 tablespoon of butter
Optional: White rice & grilled vegetables

1. Put each chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the chicken until it reaches about 1/8 of an inch thickness. Remove wrap and throw away.

2. Place slice of proscuitto and slice of cheese in the middle of each chicken breast. Fold up the sides and then roll the chicken breast from top to bottom, securing it with wooden toothpicks.

3. In a medium skillet cook rolls in hot butter over MEDIUM LOW heat for 20 - 25 mins or until they are no longer pink. Turn a quarter turn every 5 minutes or so, so that chicken is browned evenly.

Serves 2

Tell me what you think!

Now, on the menu for tonight *drum roll please* Miso Glazed Orange Roughy!! I'll be back tomorrow with pics and descriptions (:

1 comment:

  1. Looks delectable! I like the rice, giving it an Asian twist :P.

    ReplyDelete