Monday, August 17, 2009
Zesty Scallops topped on Pesto Linguine
Hubby went away to play golf today so I decided to make me a yummy lunch... something easy, fast, and delicious. Once again, I looked around in the pantry to see what I had to work with. I noticed that I just had maybe a serving or two of linguine left and decided to put that to use. So here we go~
Here's what you'll need for the pasta:
2 servings of Linguine
1. Boil Linguine as directed on package.
Here's what you'll need for the Scallops:
5 - 6 frozen scallops, thawed
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1/2 cup Medium chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup white wine
Juice from half of lemon
1. While pasta is boiling, add olive oil into a pan with sides on Med High heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until moisture leaves veggies.
2. Add scallops and white wine. Leave scallops still to cook and caramelize. Squeeze lemon juice evenly over all scallops. Remember to not let the scallops over cook. They tend to get tough when that happens.
3. When pasta is ready, drain and immediately add pesto to hot pasta and mix evenly.
4. When pasta is evenly mixed, add to pan and toss with scallop mix.
5. Squeeze more lemon juice over pasta if you like. Top with some cheese and serve!